I am Autistic, ADHD, and Schizophrenic. These are three diagnostic categories that have been applied to my singular bodyminds. I find it more accurate to just call myself neurodivergent. Bizarrely, the term “divergent” is a loaded one for me. I divergent from “typical”, but more accurately, I diverge from the normative performance that is valued by those with the privilege of power. Value. From a young age we are taught the value of a human life, and yet we are not freely given the critical perspectives that allow us to dissect what it really means to assign a value to a human life. Continue reading this post for free in the Substack app |
Thursday, 29 May 2025
What Neurodivergence Has Taught Me About Human Value
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The 'Hear Her' Training workshop is back!
We will be running an online training workshop in March for women who want to learn more about running for election ...
-
Dear Reader, To read this week's post, click here: https://teachingtenets.wordpress.com/2025/07/02/aphorism-24-take-care-of-your-teach...
-
A slightly unconventional guide to your first time ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ...


No comments:
Post a Comment